Trust Experienced Chattanooga Workers’ Compensation Attorneys for Effective Representation
Providing comprehensive guidance to injured workers
When injured on the job, most workers have numerous questions and concerns. Can I afford medical treatment? How will I pay my household bills? What is the process of filing for Workers’ Compensation benefits? Injured workers also want to know when they should contact a Worker’s Compensation attorney.
At Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law, we believe that every injured worker should be fully aware of his or her rights as they pertain to workers’ compensation law. That is why our knowledgeable Chattanooga workers’ compensation attorneys take the time and effort to ensure that each of our clients fully understands the merit and status of their claim.
Legal representation for the complexities of a workers’ comp claim
In an ideal world, insurance and safety net programs work as they are intended. After you have been injured on the job, you may expect that you should be able to report it to your employer and get your medical bills paid. This is, in fact, what is supposed to happen.
However, it is all too common for workers to encounter hurdles along the way. Sometimes these obstacles make an injured employee realize that it is time to call an attorney. These complicating factors include:
- An employer that downplay the seriousness of the injury.
- A workers’ compensation insurance company may play denial and delay games for a while, coming up with repeated hoops for you to jump through before paying the benefits you are entitled to receive.
- The requirement to see doctors specified by your employer or the workers’ compensation insurance company, may leave you questioning whether there is a conflict of interest involved.
- Your workers’ comp insurance company-appointed doctor(s) claims that you are ready to return to work before you feel ready to.
- Retaliation by your employer for reporting the injury, by being fired, demoted or passed over for promotion.
- An injury involving a third party such as a subcontractor, a manufacturer or a property owner. A personal injury claim against this third party may be appropriate, over and above your workers’ compensation claim.
If you are having difficulty getting the medical care you need after a workplace injury, talk to an attorney.
Experienced Chattanooga workers’ compensation lawyers in business since 1945
If you are asking whether you need an attorney following your workplace injury, the answer is probably “now.” You may have found yourself in a situation where the claims process is becoming more complicated or unreasonably delayed. Quality legal representation from skilled Chattanooga workers’ compensation lawyers can mean the difference between a denial and the payment of your benefits. At Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law, we serve clients in Chattanooga and Cleveland, TN, in North Georgia, and all the surrounding counties. Do not delay if you encounter obstacles getting a workers’ compensation case in motion or struggle to handle the complexities on your case. Call us at 423-756-7923 or complete our contact form to schedule a confidential consultation.