Chattanooga Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
Compassionate representation for victims of negligence and recklessness
Accident injuries to the head often impact the brain as well, resulting in a traumatic brain injury (TBI). The effects of a TBI can be long lasting, requiring extensive medical treatment and years of costly rehabilitation. Without adequate compensation for the harm placed upon them, victims and their families may find that these expenses prohibit needed medical care.
Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law is a law firm that fights for the rights of those injured by the negligence of others. We have been a staple of the community for more than 70 years, providing skilled and trustworthy legal guidance. When you secure our services, you can rest assured that you are receiving top-notch representation from reputable Chattanooga traumatic brain injury lawyers.
Experienced attorneys to take on the most severe TBI cases
Various incidents can trigger a brain injury. The impact of a vehicle crash may jolt the head violently, causing the brain to move around and hit against the skull. A brain injury may also result from a foreign object penetrating the skull or a blunt force blow to the head.
The personal injury lawyers of Wagner & Wagner have helped numerous victims affected by brain injury. We recognize that these injuries can result from a variety of accidents, including those involving:
- Falls. The leading cause of head injuries is falling. People whose work requires them to use ladders or scaffolding, or whose work sites are elevated, are at a greater risk of falling. However, tripping up (or down) a set of stairs at the office, falling off of a step-stool while reaching for an item on a shelf, falling into an open manhole in the street – any of these every day potential incidents can lead to a TBI.
- Vehicle accidents. The impact caused by a head-on, side-impact or rear-end collision can lead to a TBI. Severe brain injuries are also common among crashes involving bicycles, motorcycles and pedestrians. These individuals are more likely to be struck in the head by a foreign object during the accident.
- Assaults. A blow to the head can cause serious harm. Violent assaults, particularly those involving objects, are among the leading causes of TBIs.
- Work-related injuries. Head injuries are a constant risk for employees of construction sites and industrial work Falling objects can strike the head, causing severe damage to the brain.
Fighting for substantial compensation to cover your medical needs
When seeking compensation for a TBI, our knowledgeable attorneys are not only concerned about the immediate effects. We fight to secure compensation that adequately addresses current and future medical needs. Victims of severe TBIs often need long-term medical assistance, so we work with medical experts to identify needs and future costs related to:
- Medication. Medication may be prescribed as a method of pain management or to treat additional conditions brought on by the brain damage.
- Surgical procedures. Under some circumstances, surgery is the most appropriate method of treating symptoms of brain injury.
- Rehabilitation. A patient with a TBI may need to relearn basic bodily functions and movements, which can require months and even years of rehabilitation.
- Living accommodations. The most severe TBI injuries may require alterations to the victim’s home and transportation methods.
- Psychological assistance. Depression and anxiety are commonly associated with TBIs. Psychological assistance is essential to promoting a high quality of life for these victims.
You focus on healing; we will focus on your claim
If you or a loved one was impacted by a severe TBI, contact the hometown lawyers with a proven track record of aggressive legal advocacy. Call the experienced traumatic brain injury lawyers at Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law today at 423-756-7923 or complete our contact form to schedule your free and confidential consultation. We serve clients in North Georgia, Cleveland and Chattanooga, TN and the surrounding counties