Quality Representation from Experienced Chattanooga Premises Liability Lawyers
Fighting for victims injured on another’s property
Almost every activity you take part in involves someone else’s property, including shopping for groceries, visiting a friend or having dinner at a restaurant. Under Tennessee law, the owners of these properties have a legal duty to maintain them in a manner that prevents injury to visitors. When this duty is not met and injuries occur, the owner may be held financially responsible under the legal theory of premises liability.
At Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law, we have more than seven decades of experience helping people who have been injured by someone’s negligence. Our reputable Chattanooga premises liability lawyers know first-hand the financial challenges brought on by an injury. That is why we work hard to secure the compensation you need and the care you deserve.
Representation for injuries caused by various unsafe conditions
At Wagner & Wagner, our team of professionals has assisted people harmed in a variety of situations. Some of the most common examples of unsafe conditions leading to serious injuries include:
- Retail store neglect. These circumstances result from the failure of store operators to maintain a reasonably safe environment for patrons. A shopper may slip and fall on a spill left in a grocery store aisle. Overcrowded product shelves or displays may tip over onto a customer’s head. When retail owners invite you into their establishments to conduct business, they have a duty to keep you as safe as reasonably possible.
- Hallway and walkway conditions. Whether in an office building, an apartment or a recreational facility, property owners must ensure that hallways and walkways are free from conditions that result in falls. For example, a missing step in an apartment walk-up or debris left in the walkway could lead to serious injury. Loose floorboards, dim lighting and broken bulbs in a dark hallway can also cause severe harm.
- Negligent security. Adequate safety also includes proper security measures, particularly in environments where criminal activity is more likely. Some examples of negligent security include a faulty security gate that provides access to uninvited guests, or a nightclub that does not employ an adequate number of security personnel.
- Unsafe exterior conditions. Under some circumstances, the owner’s responsibility extends to the area surrounding the property. Uneven concrete on sidewalks, unstable handrails and ice left on walkways can lead to severe injuries for property visitors.
- Fire and electrical hazards. Ineffective fire alarms or fire sprinkler systems place patrons in extreme danger of severe burns and wrongful death. Faulty wiring may lead to fatal electrical fires.
Providing an honest assessment of your premises liability claim
Premises liability cases can prove complex. The level of responsibility and liability depends on numerous factors, including the type of property owner involved, as well as the reason for the victim’s presence on the property. Our highly skilled premises liability attorneys will review the details of your case and provide an honest assessment. We will never tell you that you have a case when you do not.
Contact our premises liability lawyers to learn more
If you were seriously injured in a slip and fall accident or other type of premises liability mishap, talk to a knowledgeable injury attorney at Wagner & Wagner, Attorneys at Law. Call us today at 423.799.3532 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation. We serve clients in North Georgia, Cleveland and Chattanooga, TN and the surrounding counties.