Reputable Chattanooga Train Accident Attorneys Handle Your Injury Claim
Decades of experience working for the rights of injured victims
Trains are an efficient way to travel in a quick and convenient manner. That is why so many people choose to board them on a daily basis. More than 84,000 people use Amtrak on an average day, riding more than 300 trains. Many of these locomotives travel through the state, along with various freight and recreational trains, like the Tennessee Valley Railroad. When they are not maintained or operated properly, numerous innocent people are placed at risk, including train passengers, pedestrians and vehicle drivers in the vicinity.
The knowledgeable Chattanooga train accident lawyers at Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law help victims of terrifying train crashes. We understand the complexities of these cases and provide our clients with effective representation they can trust.
Train accidents are caused by many types of mistakes
Train wrecks, including derailments and collisions, are violent accidents that occur for a number of reasons:
- Train operator error. In some instances, the train operator may act in a manner that is negligent or reckless. Under these circumstances, the operator’s employer may have some financial responsibility for resulting injuries and damage.
- Mechanical failure. The train may fail to operate correctly, due to lack of proper maintenance or a defective part. These types of accidents can involve numerous responsible parties, including parts manufacturers and contracted mechanics. Many trains operate with antiquated systems that are not adequately updated for optimal safety.
- Improperly maintained tracks. Railroad tracks also require proper upkeep and maintenance. Corrosion and cracking can cause tracks to break or become defective. Responsibility for track maintenance may fall with a government entity or private corporation.
- Malfunctioning lights, safety gates. Lights and train signals are used to warn vehicle operators and pedestrians of an oncoming train. Unfortunately, many of these systems are also outdated and inadequately maintained. These warning systems are vital to public safety and malfunctions often prove deadly.
- Malfunctioning signal lights. These lights keep trains on the correct tracks, in order to avoid collisions with other trains. When they fail or malfunction, fatal accidents can occur.
The process for filing a train accident personal injury claim varies depending on ownership. Trains owned and maintained by government entities, like Amtrak, fall under specific rules and guidelines that must be followed in order to secure compensation for your injuries.
Statutes of limitations may also play a role in your ability to file a claim. They provide a specific time limitation to file a personal injury claim. Failure to meet these deadlines can prevent you from ever securing monetary compensation for your injuries. These legal complexities and time limitations require the assistance of a skilled Chattanooga personal injury lawyer.
Trust our hometown Chattanooga lawyers with your train crash claim
Count on Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law to provide you with legal guidance you can trust through your train accident claim. Use our knowledge and experience to give you an advantage in a complicated case. We serve clients in Chattanooga and Cleveland, TN, in North Georgia, and all the surrounding counties. Call our office today at 423-756-7923 or complete our contact form for a free, no-obligation consultation.