Skip to content

Call for Free Consultation 423-756-7923

When you get into a car crash, you can suffer from many injuries. The injuries all depend on the seriousness of the accident and the way that you were hit. You could have injuries to your head, spine and back, legs, and arms. No matter what types of injuries you might have, you are going to need to seek medical assistance from medical professionals. Today, we want to talk about which doctors may be the most important for you to see after getting into a car crash.

Emergency physician at the hospital

The very first doctor you should see is a physician that works in the emergency room at the hospital. When you sustain serious injuries in a car crash, the ambulance may pick you up from the scene of the accident and then take you to the emergency room where medical professionals will examine you for injuries and run a series of different tests to check for internal damage.

The scans and tests will let the physicians know if you have injuries to the brain, trauma to any internal organs, and/or internal bleeding. You may also need to spend several days or weeks in the hospital due to your injuries. While some injuries are treated the same day, others take more time to heal and require lengthier stays in the hospital.

Primary care doctor

After receiving care in the hospital, you should see your primary care doctor. You would need to talk to your doctor about any symptoms you may be experiencing in the aftermath of the accident. Visiting a primary care doctor makes it easier for a Chattanooga car accident attorney to build a case in your favor. Some people do not experience problems right away but may notice strange symptoms occurring a few days or weeks after the accident. The symptoms might include:

  • Blurred vision
  • Trouble focusing/concentrating on different tasks
  • Random and painful headaches that come and go throughout the day
  • Chest pain
  • Lower back pain

If you are feeling anything unusual, you should see your primary care doctor. The doctor can refer you to a specialist who can run additional tests and provide the proper diagnosis based on the condition that you might have.

Assorted medical specialists

In addition to the hospital’s physicians and the primary care physician that you would normally see, you may need to see assorted medical specialists based on your condition and the injuries you have. These are some of the specialists you may need to visit with after getting a referral from your physician:

  • Neurologist for brain injuries
  • Chiropractor for back injuries
  • Cardiologist for heart-related problems
  • Orthopedic doctor for bone-related issues

Your primary care physician will provide a referral and will let you know the reasons why you should begin seeing one or more of these specialists. When you have multiple injuries throughout your body, it may be necessary for you to see more than one of these specialists for treatment.

The specialists could diagnose conditions, provide treatment options, and work on helping you overcome the symptoms of injuries that were sustained when you were involved in a car crash. Some issues may require surgery or the use of medication as treatment.

If you are injured in a car crash, you could be seriously injured. While you work on healing from the injuries, you should also look into filing a lawsuit against the person who caused your accident. By filing a lawsuit, you can potentially recover compensation for damages, including the damage to your vehicle, the injuries you ended up with, the loss of any income you were unable to earn while recovering, and more.

At Wagner & Wagner, we represent the victims involved in accidents. We want to help you. Contact us via our contact form or by phone at 423-756-7923. In addition to serving Chattanooga, we also help injured victims in North Georgia, Cleveland, TN and the surrounding counties.