Chattanooga Lawyers Helping Victims of Recreational Accidents
Honest legal services from a reputable hometown law firm
Recreational activities provide an opportunity to escape the challenges of everyday life for a little fun, exercise or relaxation. Yet, these leisurely activities can turn to tragedies if responsible parties fail to act with a proper duty of care. Whether you were injured playing a sport, while visiting an amusement park, or by doing another activity, you could face serious injuries.
When these incidents occur, Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law is there to help victims through this extremely difficult time in their lives. Our skilled Chattanooga recreational accident attorneys work diligently to investigate the accident and hold all responsible parties accountable, even if you signed a waiver.
Skillful representation for a variety of recreational accidents
Recreational accidents can happen anywhere and encompass a wide range of activities. Our lawyers represent clients involved in:
- Boating, skiing, jet skiing or canoeing accidents on nearby lakes and rivers, including the Tennessee River and Watauga Lake
- Amusement park tragedies in places such as Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park in Rossville, GA
- ATV accidents
- Accidents in public parks, playgrounds, and hiking trails
- Sporting event accidents
- Recreational bicycling accidents
It can be especially overwhelming if you are a tourist visiting the region. Incurring an injury while on vacation is stressful and confusing. You may need to obtain medical assistance in a strange place and you might have issues with your insurance company in terms of coverage.
If you decide to pursue legal action, you need to retain a local attorney, even if you reside elsewhere. You require a lawyer who is licensed in the state and understands local laws.
Determining liability for recreational injuries
Liability for recreational accident cases can be complex. One or more parties may be involved, and the particulars varies depending on where you were hurt, whether it was public or private property, and how the accident occurred. Examples of certain parties that might be held responsible include:
- Equipment rental services. Companies renting recreational equipment, such as bicycles or bounce houses, may be liable under a product liability claim for injuries caused by defective or malfunctioning equipment.
- Property owners. Under some circumstances, property owners may be liable for recreational accidents occurring on their premises. For example, an amusement park owner may be liable for accidents occurring on a roller coaster. A private homeowner may be responsible for drownings occurring in a backyard swimming pool or spinal injuries from a trampoline.
- Fellow recreational participants. Some recreational activities involve two or more participants. If one of those parties acts in a manner that causes injury to another party, the at-fault individual may be found liable.
- Other third parties. Group activities may involve a third party, such as the driver of a sightseeing trolley or the operator of a riverboat. If this party’s negligence causes harm to one of the other participants, he or she may be held financially accountable.
Whatever the circumstances of a recreational accident, our number one focus is helping the injured person recover. can help harmed parties tap into any and all sources of support while investigating the causes of the accident.
Serving recreational accident victims in Chattanooga since 1945
Wagner & Wagner Attorneys at Law has spent decades advocating for personal injury sufferers. If you or a family member has been injured in a recreational accident, let us aggressively advocate for your rights. Learn how our law firm can help you pursue and obtain maximum available compensation, please contact our office at 423-799-3532. Our Chattanooga recreational accident lawyers serve clients in Chattanooga and Cleveland, TN, in North Georgia, and all the surrounding counties.